WATCH WATER FISHERY RULES
STRICTLY NO FISHING WITHOUT A PERMIT
FLY FISHING ONLY * Minimum 6lb nylon.
RETURN ALL BROWN TROUT
- Fishing shall be carried out respecting the spirit and traditions of game angling.
- Before commencing to fish please disinfect your net in the solution bin provided.
- Boats must not be launched in stormy conditions.(There may be occasions mid-week when no club boats are out and the lodge is not manned. Be aware that you may be on your own and that boat fishing can be dangerous. Take appropriate precautions).
- Life jackets/buoyancy aids must be worn at all times.
- When the boat is moving all passengers should remain seated.
- Electric outboards only.
- No anchoring, no trolling, no mooring or landing of boats except at the jetty
- Boats should not encroach within 40 metres of the shoreline.
- Boats should be left litter-free and clean.Take your litter home with you.
- Boats must be back at the pier by the end of the session.
- Boat damage as a result of rule infringement you will be liable for.
- No float tubes.
- Junior anglers (under 16) must wear a life jacket at all times and be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Anglers please use the lodge toilets at all times. Strictly no fouling in the reservoir.
- Bank anglers may wade to waist depth and no more.
- Catch and release on barbless or debarbed hooks. (Catch and release carefully, from the net and in the water).
- A maximum of 3 fish only may be retained on a keep ticket.
- Random bag checks may occur (please do not be offended). Anglers exceeding their bag limit will be banned.
- No alchohol, no dogs, no lighting fires or camping.
- Any angler found not abiding by these rules will be asked to leave the fishery.
- The Fishery is under The Tweed Commissioner's jurisdiction. Bailiffs are in operation.
We hope you enjoy your fishing. At the end of the day please fill in the CATCH RETURN before you leave.